Learn how to get cooperation without dominance. Positive reinforcement training can be used for husbandry behaviors, tricks, and riding. Discover how to gain your horse’s voluntary willingness, and motivate your horse without coercion.
Positive reinforcement aka +R is science based force free training. It creates voluntary willingness in the horse without use of negative consequences. Cues are invitations and not commands. Light pressure is used a suggestion to the horse, but never sustained or increased. Pressure is not used as a motivator. Horses are given the freedom to choose to participate without coercion.
What Will You Learn?
- Prepare for a successful introduction to clicker training.
- About types of reinforcers and equipment for getting started with clicker training.
- When to click, what the click means, and the reinforcement process.
- How marker signals and shaping are used to teach horses.
- Learn how to set up a free shaping simulation exercise that will help you prepare to teach your horse.
- Evaluate your horse's needs and customize the training approach.
- How to teach the horse to touch a target and give you personal space.
- How to teach the horse to stand still and at ease when you are near them.
Reinforcers & Equipment
Reinforcers & equipment05:21
Reinforcers and Equipment
Clicking, reinforcing, and simulation exercise
Clicking, reinforcing and simulation exercise05:42
Evaluating your horse and customizing the training
Evaluating the horse and customizing the training07:08
Tailor the training to the horse
Introducing the system to the horse
Introducing the system to the horse06:30
Introducing the system
Teaching at ease and follow
Teaching at ease and follow05:58
Teaching follow target with crowding horse05:36
Teaching at ease with an active horse04:09
Teaching follow a target with a cautious horse12:35